We stand peacefully
in Union Square for one hour every Thursday afternoon
- to demand an end to the Israeli occupation of the West
Bank, Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem;
- as a visible presence in support of the Israeli peace
movement and the original Women in Black groups in Israel;
- to reach out to others with a similar perspective who
find their views unrepresented in U.S. political discourse;
- because media outlets may not be receptive to our message,
but many individual New Yorkers are willing to consider our thoughts
when presented with an opportunity to do so;
- to make ourselves stronger and more united in the face
of the hostility and anger which is directed towards us.
Our vigil takes place from
5:30 to 6:30 every Thursday afternoon,
on the traffic island immediately to the south and east of Union Square.
All who wish to join us in demanding an end to the occupation are welcome.